Monday 12 November 2012

I don't like Mondays

No one likes Mondays, but I bet my reason for not liking them is different to yours, the complete opposite in fact. You don't like Mondays because it's the start of another working week; 5 days of school/college/university/work, until the weekend rolls around again. I don't like Mondays because I can't go to school/college/university/work. Come 9 O'Clock on a Monday morning when I see all the commuters trudging down my street in to town, on their way to work, it's a sharp reminder of how different my life is to everyone else's. What I would love more than anything is to have to force myself  up at stupid O'Clock in the morning, make myself eat breakfast, walk to university in the pouring rain, have to sit there damp for the rest of the day before dragging myself home in the dark. I know that the grass seems greener on the other side but at the moment I can't think of anything better. Don't worry, my friends still have all their rights to complain about this - I know that after a week of this routine I probably would be! 

Sorry for the lack of a post yesterday and replies to messages and emails (I've been getting so many lovely ones, thank you so much to everyone who's sent me anything, short or long!) but the tiredness from the radiotherapy is starting to take hold, I can't seem to stay awake for more than 10 minutes at a time! 

Ella xx 

13 comments:

  1. And mother feels so shocked
    Father’s world is rocked
    And their thoughts turn to their own little girl
    Sweet 16 ain’t that peachy keen
    Now that ain’t so neat to admit defeat
    They can see no reasons
    'Cuz there are no reasons
    What reasons do you need?


    Sorry folks but these are the lyrics so a very well chosen post Ells.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been very bitter today because I've been soaked on 4 separate cycle trips today, so good point I'll try and enjoy the next 2 trips a bit more! Hope you got the links I sent you earlier xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good lyrics Jim - showing our age!!!

    Jo
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for gently reminding us to appreciate what we have. You are wonderful Ella Redman!

    Maya

    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Monday morning starts tomorrow as had today off work. But I shall think of this when on the way and it is (likely) chucking it down with rain! I cannot promise that by the end of the week I wont be wanting to complain about it though! Hopefully skype you soon :) Lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit my Monday morning did not enthuse me, dull and damp, with a report on uninterrupted power supply to review - still I did it (and learnt something) and now I am in Barcelona where the weather is a little nicer! Love U Bob

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again thanks for the inspiration lovely girl... you remind us so well to count our blessings - and when I do you are one of them xxx Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poignant words Ella and ones I shall think of tomorrow when I'm getting wound up in my world - I know I have been inwardly sighing today but right now can't even remember why...what a waste of my time and effort that was then!

    Hope amongst your sleepy moments that you found some simple things today that have made you smile.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. When I was on treatment I remember hating Mondays for the very same reason, thank you for reminding me of it - it will make me appreciate them again!
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  10. Reading this shipped me into shape, and got me to have a productive monday, and I appreciated it.

    Thank you so much.

    Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an inspiration. Its so easy to take things for granted, thanks so much for making me see how lucky I really am...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read all your blogs and some of your Mom's.
    You honestly are an amazing person!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My 3 Basicc Things:
    1. Reading this post again this morning. Your words spring me into action, and force me to look at the day in a different light.
    2. Finally managing to Catch up on my University work
    3. Eating crumpets and tea before bed!

    Wishing you a comfortable and restful night

    lisa xXx

    ReplyDelete